Canago FAQ

The Canago Program

  • Why choose Canago?

Canago is part of the Smaller Earth Group and has 11 offices around the World! Smaller Earth have been working in travel since 1999! Not only does Smaller Earth know their stuff, but also many of the staff have been on the programs that we offer. Why not got through a company who obviously trust what they offer!

  • Why should I pay for a program when I can go overseas myself?

Travelling around the globe alone can be hard. But Canago is here to make you stress a lot less! Our team are here to help you with the visa, bank account, jobs, insurance, EVERYTHING before you even leave your home country! Why should you have to worry when we are happy to do it all for you?

  • How late/early can I apply for the program?

Well for starters there is no such thing as too early to apply! We have applicants apply for this program from 3+ months prior to their departure date to up to a 1-2 years before they want to go! The main thing to keep in mind is that the Visa process can take as long as two months!

  • What’s the difference in the two programs?

Canago also offer an ‘Independent’ program. The price is a lot less and the main difference is the Independent program doesn’t help you with a job. Click here to find out what is offered in the Independent program. 

Work & Accommodation

  • How do I find a job?

This is the best part.. You don’t need to worry about that because we are going to help! Canago is partnered with many resorts and hotels in West Canada. Click here to have a look at a few of the resorts and hotels that we work with.

  • Do I get paid while I’m in Canada?

Yes, of course! Your employer will be paying you, the main thing to remember here is that you will be getting paid roughly CAD$9-14.

  • Do I need to have work experience?

While work experience will always work in your favor it is only required in a few types of jobs, for example: bartending, maintenance or ski lift operator. If you have no work experience but are willing to select the skills that are most needed, or gain experience before you go to Canada, you would still be able to do the Canago program.

  • What is the accommodation like?

This I varied depending on what resort or hotel you work at. Some places will offer shared accommodation where you may be living in an apartment with a handful of other staff members. Other places may offer private accommodation. As I said this depends on where you are located and is something one of team members would be very happy to discuss with you.

  • Do I need to pay rent?

Yes you do need to pay rent. In a lot of places your rent will come straight out of your pay check, so you won’t even notice!

Visa & Insurance

  • What kind of insurance do I need?

Another awesome thing, part of the Canago package is 90 days Medical Insurance. So there’s another thing you don’t have to worry about!! What, you’re staying longer then that? Well I am jealous!! But you can extend your policy and add whatever you think necessary to it, for a great price also!!

  • How/where do I get a visa?

The Canago team is here to help you through the visa process, so don’t stress about this! We have been through it numerous times so are more then happy to walk you through the process!

  • How long does the visa process take?

The visa process can take up to two months to complete, keep this in mind when you are choosing your departure date!


  • Will I be able to travel with this program?

Of course!! Your job contract will be roughly four months, and on your time off you can do whatever you want. The Working Holiday Visa in Canada is two years, so once you have finished your contract at work you can go wherever you want!

  • Can I visit the US while I’m in Canada?

You can as long as you get the right US visa for it. This is something we can advise you on if you would like.

  • Who will arrange my flight?

You will book your flight yourself. Although the Canago team is here to help you with what airport to fly into and whatever other flight related questions you may have.


  • Are there any extra costs?

Not included in the program fee, you will need to order a Police Check, Medical Form, Passport (if you don't have one), Flights, extended insurance (if you're staying longer then 90 days) and any extra documents the Visa may ask you for if you need it.

  • How long can I go for? Can I extend my stay?

The Working Holiday Visa is two years. Your work contract will roughly be four months. Many resorts and hotels will offer to extend your employment if you worked hard and they need staff for the next season! Otherwise, you can stay in Canada for two years before heading to your next adventure.

  • What if I change my mind and decide not to go abroad?

When you apply for the program you will need to sign a program agreement, which will have a refund policy on it if you wish to withdraw from the application. It depends at what stage of the application you are at as to what refund you will receive.

  • Can I go with a friend?

We can’t guarantee that you and a friend will get offered a job at the same resort or hotel, as it does depend on what the place is looking for at the time of your application.